Hello fellow data management enthusiast!
Do you want to contribute to the LightsOnData community by being a part of the forefront of our site? Become a website contributor today by simply filling out the form below:
Frequently asked questions & answers
A: Your message will be broadcast throughout the data governance and management community. Your content is not only shared on LightsonData.com, but they are also promoted through other networks and channels. Of course, contributors are recognized for each submission and can provide a biography for readers to view.
Past submissions have a viewership of thousands of data management professionals from 189 countries!
A: We accept the following:
- Articles (minimum 500 words)
- White Papers
- Videos (minimum 2 minutes)
- Presentations and templates are welcome as well, but they need to be part of an article or video
Note: The quality of the content is more important than its length/ duration.
A: Anything related to data governance, any data management practices, or anything about data which you think our readers would benefit from. The best articles are those that provide
- practical resources,
- “how to”s,
- best practices,
- advice and lessons learned taken from your own experience.
A: Of course! Though we always encourage recurring submissions, you are welcome to only submit one article, template, or other useful multimedia post.
A: As many or as few as you’d like.
A: Just follow these 3 steps:
- Fill out the form above with your proposal/ interest
- Send in your draft in a Word or Google Doc format
- Receive, review and sign the Writer’s Agreement (this will be sent to you once the content was vetted for the quality and usefulness of the content)
- Review and vet your draft to ensure that the quality and usefulness of the content matches LightsOnData's level
- We might make some edits or recommend changes, and create the featured image of the article
- We’ll schedule your content to be published, and once published we will also socialize on other platforms and through the LightsOnData newsletter.
Please make sure you follow the guidelines in order to ensure your content passes the vetting process.
Your unique content: The content that you submit should be your own and it should not have been published on other websites or platforms before (sometimes exceptions can be made for re-published content)
Focus: The LightsOnData community seeks practical advice and takeaways they can learn from. To ensure a higher readability of your white paper, we ask that you adhere to this need and also focus on the topics currently explored at LightsOnData: data governance, data management, data quality, data security and privacy, data stewardship, data modeling, data architecture, business intelligence, data visualization, data analytics/ science, and big data.
Being overtly commercial: While we understand that enterprises have a broad agenda to advance their branding, implant their products and/or services in their community of interest, and persuade potential customers, we think that these objectives should be implicit, rather than explicit, in the content that you provide. It is OK to mention your own products, services, or projects in the context of providing an example or case study or to reinforce your message, but this should be restrained and informational. As such, some or all external links that are posted for commercial purposes will be removed.
Exclusivity: The content shall be exclusively published on LightsOnData.com for a period of 90 days. Following this exclusivity period, the writer can republish on other mediums as well.